There are some misconceptions about jump rope workout. Of the common Misconceptions is that it leads to serious lung and heart problems and prolapsed uterine in women and that it may cause them bleeding in a date other than the menstrual cycle date, all these beliefs and concepts are incorrect.
Jump rope sport is considered by many fitness specialists as the first full fitness sport after swimming. Jump rope works on all body muscles, especially back muscles, abdomen and the lower part of the body. It also strengthens the ligaments of the feet and knees as well as improving the performance of the heart and respiratory system.
Rope jump workout should be avoided by the women during the menstrual cycle so as not to increase it, as well as during months of pregnancy so as not to cause abortion. It also should be avoided by people who are suffering from some chronic diseases such as heart, asthma and erosion of joints or rough knees.
Sports and fitness specialists suggest the following tips for those who wish to practice some jump rope, so that it would be fun and safe sport:
– Start by warming up for three to five minutes by walking fast or jogging in the same place.
– Finish by cooling for three to five minutes by walking slowly to rest the body until the pulse return to normal level.
– Use healthy sneakers and wear clothes that will not hinder the rotation of the rope.
– During exercise, hold the rope firmly and consistently.
– Let your elbows be close to your body, and your shoulders should be relaxed.
– Bend your knees slightly and use your forearms and wrists to move the rope in an arc passes over the head and under the feet.
– keep your head up, your back straight and do not bend forward during the jump exercise.
– It is not necessary in this type of sport to jump very high because that could adversely affect the joints of the feet and knees.
– For women, it is preferable to wear a bra to maintain the stability of the chest during the jump sport.
So, jump rope sport is just like any other sport, it has its benefits and its harms. Jump rope is one of the simplest, easiest and most enjoyable sports and the least expensive. It can be exercised at home or in the open air by both sexes and all ages.